Seasonal Part Time Community Manager
Location: US remote, Mountain View, Portland, San Francisco
Do you want to work in an agile environment of like minded people who care about the web and empowering students towards innovation? The (OSSN) Open Source Student Network is looking for a junior community manager to support its expansion efforts in the United States.
In OSSN we have built and provide continuous support to a network of university and college clubs eager to learn about, contribute and to create Open Source Projects.
In this role you’ll be responsible for growing the network, onboard new members, feel them welcomed, run regular community calls and support clubs while they engage new members.
As the community manager of this program, your responsibilities are to:
- Serve as a front-facing representative of Mozilla and the network, and strive to make the first impression of our organization and program an exceptional one
- Onboard new clubs into the network by making them feel welcomed, safe and included
- Build and manage close relationships with the Clubs leadership and faculty members
- Create a regular newsletter with relevant engaging content
- Respond to inquiries and provide assistance to current and aspiring members
- Organize and run regular community calls where clubs connect and collaborate over topics of common interest
- Document all the necessary information for onboarding clubs and students
- Present the Open Source Student network in various events like guest talks in universities, conferences, and internal stakeholders
- Collect data, metrics and document the performance of the network
We are looking for a candidate who has the following skills:
- BS in CS, CE or 1+ years relevant work experience
- You love working with University students
- You have strong organizational and presentation skills
- You have experience in community and/or student organizing
- You have extremely strong written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working with diverse global communities across time zones, cultures, and geographies
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply by sending your CV to aduckham AT mozilla DOT com with subject: OSSN Community manager